SqWebMail is the webmail module that’s bundled with the Courier mail server. SqWebMail can also be packaged separately, and used with any other mail server that uses maildirs.
NOTE: SqWebMail DOES NOT support traditional Mailbox files, only Maildirs.
- SqWebMail is very fast, and light. It accesses maildirs directly, and does not use an IMAP server.
- Dynamically-generated HTML is stored in external files. Many (but not all) display elements can be customized without changing the program code.
- Hierarchical mail folders, and shared folders.
- Virtual accounts or system accounts. Virtual accounts may be managed via LDAP, MySQL, PostgresSQL, or flat files compiled into a GBDM/DB database.
- Address books.
- Extensive MIME support; defanged HTML mail; flowed text format; DSNs; and digests.
- Spell checking with
- Mail filtering with Maildrop
- Encryption and digital signatures with