VqAdmin SysAdmin WebControl
VqAdmin is a web based control panel that allows system administrators to perform actions which require root access — for example, adding and deleting domains. The cgi is authenticated using Apache style htpasswd files. A user based ACL provides control over what actions can be performed, such as adding/deleting a domain or accessing user email account information to allow modification of user passwords and quotas. Account service restrictions include enabling or disabling of pop access, authentication based smtp relay control, courier-imap access and sqwebmail access.
vqadmin and qmailadmin work together. While qmailadmin can be used to allow users to administer their own domains, they are unable to create new domains. Creation or deletion of domains is normally associated with the owner/admins of the machine. vqadmin is a root level tool for owner/admins or their technical support staff.
- Add / Delete virtual email domains
- Change user passwords, quotas
- Turn off account services such as pop, imap, web email or smtp relay
- Written in C for speed
- Uses html templates
- Access control lists to limit groups of users to different levels of features
- Support for multiple languages based on dictionary files. English language dictionary can be seen here
Subscribe to the mailing lists for annoucements and discussions by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org